Wednesday, August 10, 2011

One Year Fun!!

Well, we made it through one year check ups and shots. Or, I guess I should say that I made it through one year check ups and shots. This was the first doctor's visit that I took both boys by myself and I was wore out by the time I got home. You should have seen the sympathy looks:) But don't worry, it wasn't any shorter of a wait for the doctor even though they could hear the cries of frustration from the boys. They didn't appreciate having to stay in the stroller, but they are just WAY too heavy for me carry into the building with a diaper bag and sippy cups. Shots came, and tears flowed, but they were both real troopers. I was very proud of my boys.

My little Peter weighed in at 19 pounds and 4 ounces and measured 29 1/2 inches long. He's in the 6th percentile for weight and the 35th percentile for height. The poor boy is too tall for pants that fit him in the waist; he wears six month pants in the waist and nine month pants in the legs. So, if I get them to fit the waist, he's flooding; but if I get them to fit the legs, they fall off him. A couple of days ago, I put a three month onesie on him to see if it still fit, and it did! He may be the oldest, but he's far from being the biggest. While we're out, I get asked all the time who's the oldest as they're pointing to Titus; and then, they don't believe me because Peter is so much smaller than Titus. Of course, I bite my sarcastic tongue and politely reassure them that I know who the oldest is:)

My brute Titus weighed in at 23 pounds even and measured 30 inches long. He's average for weight and above average for height. I promise he's not eating all of Peter's food. Peter has learned to fight back and won't let him touch his food or toys, and Titus doesn't appreciate it:) Titus's clothing problem is completely opposite of Peter's clothing problem. If I get pants to fit his waist, they're too long; but if I get them to fit the legs, they're too tight. He's shaped like his uncle with a long torso and short legs. Thank you Uncle Stephen!

They're birthday party went well too! We just had Pa, Grandma, Aunt Lee-Ann, and Aunt Karissa over. I contemplated having a bigger party, but I decided to save the money and spend more on a birthday party when they're old enough to remember it. We had their favorite food, pizza, and cake, and, of course, presents! I did splurge on the cake and ordered a Phineas and Ferb cake from Publix. They also gave us two baby cakes for them to smash. Peter loved his baby cake, but Titus didn't enjoy eating it with his hands. He liked it better once we gave him a spoon. In retrospect, I should have just cut him off a piece. The baby cakes were kinda big for them, and I think he was just overwhelmed with all the cake:)

They woke up from their nap and found presents!

Phineas and Ferb - "It's 104 days of summer vacation..."

Titus with his spoon:)

Peter pigging out!

It's been kinda smooth sailing around here lately; so, I should have known that something was going to happen soon. Tonight, I'm washing dishes and suddenly hear my husband yell, "Oh no!! Gross, gross, gross! You gotta be kidding me! Stephanie!!" I walk around the kitchen counter into the living room, and there it is. Peter had gotten his diaper off which is really easy for him to do since even diapers don't fit him well. But that wasn't the problem. The problem was that he pooped after he got the diaper off! I didn't see anything in the diaper; so, I'm assuming that the poop on the floor had to have come after the diaper was off. Now, if he had just pooped on the carpet, it would have been a relatively easy clean up; but no, he then had to walk through it on his way to the couch to sit with Daddy. Which means that I had to clean up poopy foot prints embedded in the carpet. You know, I was thinking the other day that I didn't have a poop on the floor or in the crib story like everyone else did. I was actually patting myself on the back because I thought surely my kids are already out of that stage. Boy, was I wrong!! Of course, Dan offered to bathe them because you know he's not going to clean poop out of the carpet. I will say that I came out drier than he did:) We definitely made up for our lack of disasters!

No comments:

Post a Comment