Saturday, August 13, 2011

Still Awake!

So, I've decided that being, in southern terms, "plumb tuckered out" at the end of the day makes for funny stories. I was beat last night and could not wait to jump into bed. However, an hour after being laid down, Titus still wasn't asleep. He wasn't screaming; so, I was just letting him work it out on his own. About 10:30, I finally decided to see what could possibly be the reason for his sudden desire to go stay awake at bedtime because we never have a problem with bedtime. I slowly cracked the door to their room expecting to see him staring at me. Instead, he was in the corner of his bed burying his head into his blanket with his little rump up in the air. And, right then, I realized why he was not sleeping. The poor boy was trying to bury his head in his blanket because he wanted to go to sleep, but his "plumb tuckered out" mommy had forgotten to turn the overhead light off as she was walking out the door! Of course, Peter can fall asleep at the drop of the hat; so, he was already passed out, sprawled out on his stomach, and completely engrossed in his dreams. Titus, on the other hand, was trying to go to sleep, but I kept him awake. Oops!! I turned off the light and shut door. About five minutes later, Titus joined his brother and dreamt the night away:) Unfortunately, it was another hour and a half before I was able to join them in dreamland.

No comments:

Post a Comment