Friday, June 17, 2011

Long Day!!

What a day! What a day! I decided to make Father's Day dinner today for Dad since revival starts Sunday, and it would just be a frustrating time to cook. I had all of his favorite foods: fried pork chops, green beans with bacon, creamed corn, mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, and turtle cake. Never did I realize how this afternoon would go down hill quickly.

Karissa came over to help me finish things up because with twins it's hard to get things done when they're not napping. For some reason, they like to be right next to me (not that I would trade it for anything in the world). As she walked out of the kitchen with their juice cups, I hear her ask, "What's that?" As I looked over the kitchen counter, my blood began to boil, and I could feel my blood pressure rising. Belle (my husband's stupid dog) decided that the kitchen floor was the place to do #2 instead of outside where she had been not that long ago. Now, the part of the kitchen floor where she decided to go was right next to the gate; and of course, guess who was holding onto the gate at the time? You're right...Peter and Titus.

I didn't immediately see anything on their hands; but upon further inspection, there it was. Peter had poo on his face and hands. I got it off Peter while Karissa cleaned up the dog mess; and then, she gave Peter a bath while I cleaned the carpet. While she was bathing him, she had another exciting surprise. Peter decided it was his turn to poo:) So, she had to clean out the bath water and finish bathing him.

Now, during this entire process, Titus was screaming in his bed because he was alone and Peter was getting all of the attention. So, I picked up Titus and handed him to Karissa to play. That's when she discovered it. He had poo on his shirt underneath his bib. Great! Another bath! Karissa gave him a bath too because I needed to finish dinner. Fortunately, all Titus did in the water was splash some.

Dinner wound up being about 40 minutes late, but it tasted great if I do say! And Karissa now knows why I'm exhausted at the end of the day. She has also begged for forgiveness for praying that we would have another set of twins:) Tonight, she realized how much work they truly are. Many times, I've told her that there's only one reason people joke about us having another set of twins: they don't have twins! She completely understands now:) I'm so blessed to have them, but I also think one set of twins is plenty.

1 comment:

  1. Yes it was quite an epic evening. I truly and publicly apologize from the very depths of my soul, for praying to God that you would have another set of twins...lol! Peter and Titus are blessings and enjoyable to spend time with, however another set of twins would be complete madness. I do have to say though, Stephanie manages her home very well, but yes I understand why she is tired and exhausted before lunch rolls around...haha. Keep up the good work Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete