Tuesday, June 28, 2011

New Adventures!

Dan's grandfather passed away several days ago, and we went to Virginia for the funeral. It was my first time visiting Virginia, but it was also my first time meeting his dad's family. It's always a nerve-wracking time meeting extended family members for the first time. Even though we've been married for four years, I felt like we were courting again. You know what I mean...you want to make a good impression and feel accepted. So, basically, I had the girlfriend jitters again. But don't worry, it all went well, and I didn't embarrass myself (at least I don't think so). Of course, the boys help make good impressions; they tend to get most of the attention:)

This morning, the boys woke up in wonderful moods, and Grandpa was finally able to get on the floor and play with them for the first time. The last time he saw them, they were still too small to be much fun with him. I came out of the bedroom after finally getting myself ready and saw toys scattered all the over the living room floor. Right in the middle on the mess, Grandpa, Titus, and Peter sat in their own little world. Grandpa tried extremely hard this morning to teach Titus to say ball. And to my surprise, he has almost gotten ball down. Although, it sounds more like bah than ball, but he's getting there. Now, Grandpa can always say that he was the one to teach Titus how to say ball.

We went to the mall this afternoon, and boy, was it not much fun at the end. Dan and Grandpa were in the arcade while I took the boys outside and sat on a bench in the mall with the boys. You know things are going down hill quickly when passing shoppers offer assistance with sympathetic faces. I thought it would be a good idea to let them get out of the stroller and stand next to it. However, I didn't take into account that they move quickly now. They kind of look like human cockroaches. They scurry faster as you bend down to pick them up kind of how a cockroach scurries when you bend down to kill it. So, I wound up chasing them down in the hall of the mall. I was reaching my breaking point quickly, and the boys passed their breaking point many minutes before me. I really didn't want to bother Dan because he was having fun playing games with his dad, but he looked out and saw my frazzled self struggling to keep the boys happy. Needless to say, we left the mall. When we got home, they took the first nap they've taken in two days. Fortunately for me, Titus slept an hour, and Peter slept almost two hours. Thank goodness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment