Saturday, June 9, 2012

Life

To be honest, I really haven't felt much like writing which is why I haven't posted in a month. Do you ever just have some of those days that you feel like you're walking around in a haze? Well, that's been me lately. I guess it's just girly hormones taking over. The past month has been full of milestones, but I'm not sure that I'm ready for all of them.

Milestone #1 - The one month mark of my 2nd miscarriage: While I know God is in control through everything, an empty womb still hurts. This week, I should be 14 weeks, and I'm nearing the 1 year anniversary of my 1st miscarriage. I've given God control and am trying not to take it back. However, relinquishing control is not easy for me, just ask my husband! God has a wonderful plan for Daniel and me, and I just have to let Him set it in motion and keep it in motion.

Milestone #2 - Turning 30: I'm now half way to 60:( I remember thinking that at 30 I would be a sophisticated adult. However, I still don't feel like an adult, and I certainly don't feel sophisticated except on Sunday. On Sunday, I wear my sophisticated high heels even though it's hard to carry the boys while wearing them. It's my one "me" thing during the week:) My family and friends did throw my a wonderful surprise party. It made my day to know that they care:) And so far, 30 hasn't been too bad. I've got a few aches and pains, but I think those are due to carrying 2 almost 30 pound toddlers.

Milestone #3 - The boys speaking in complete sentences: In the last week, they have both started speaking in sentences. Now, I'm the only one that really understands what they're saying, but they're getting it. Their developing speech is exciting, but it is also a reminder that they're growing up. They are now insistent on doing things all by themselves, and I have to let them even though I really want to keep doing it for them. Who knew that I'd be sad over their independence?!?! Titus has even started climbing out of his crib; so, I guess we'll be switching to twin beds soon. On a side note...do you realize how expensive bedding is for kids? And I don't want cartoon bedding, just something that definitely looks like it should be in a boy's room.

Milestone #4 - 5 years of marriage: June 23 will be 5 years of marriage, and it just doesn't feel like it's been that long. We're starting the kindergarten year of marriage:) He truly has provided so much love and security over the past 5 years, and I can't imagine sharing my life with anyone else. He's my rock!! And I think he's almost fully Southern. I've just got to get him to start drinking sweet tea.

My silly boys:)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this picture!!!

    Give yourself time. There will always be days where you'll be "homesick for heaven". But He does have a plan for you--and it's perfect :)

    ReplyDelete